Pet Poisoning

If your pet has ingested a poisonous substance you need to act quickly.

  • Remove your pet from the area.
  • Check to make sure your pet is safe: breathing and acting normally.
  • Do NOT give any home antidotes.
  • Do NOT induce vomiting without consulting a vet or Pet Poison Helpline.
  • If veterinary attention is necessary, contact your veterinarian or emergency veterinary clinic immediately.
  • If a vet or emergency clinic is not readily available call a Pet Poison Helpline.

Below are two valuable resources for Pet Poisonings.

Pet Poisoning
ASPCA Pet Poison Help Line

ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center

888.426.4435

The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC) is your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888) 426-4435. A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card.

Our Poison Control experts have also provided valuable information below to help parents recognize and protect their pets from poisonous substances including plants, human foods, human medications and more.

Pet Poison Helpline

Pet Poison Helpline

855-764-7661

Pet Poison Helpline is a 24-hour animal poison control service available throughout the U.S., Canada, and the Caribbean for pet owners and veterinary professionals who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet. We have the ability to help every poisoned pet, with all types of poisonings, 24 hours a day. Our knowledge and expertise of pet poisons will put your mind at ease when dealing with a potential emergency.

In order to provide this critical service, please be advised that there is a $49 per incident fee, payable by credit card. This fee covers the initial consultation as well as all follow-up calls associated with the management of the case.